RE: Hi New to the List

To: "'Loren Williams'" <Loren@kscable.com>,
Subject: RE: Hi New to the List
From: Alan Pozner <AlanP@identicard.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:49:29 -0400
Actually I think they are there to keep the wheel centered while running.
When I ran without them the wheels would go through varying periods of
vibration that were not speed related. Often after hitting a bump the
vibrations would magically stop or start. Since all these vibrations were
removed by adding the plastic hubcentric rings I know the rings were the
solution. And yes my wheels nuts were torqued the correct amount.

My theory is that even with the nuts torqued there is some up/down movement
of the wheel relative to the hub when driving at speed. The rings prevent
that slight movement.

Regards,
Alan Pozner