Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000? "Dreaming...."

To: David Fauth <dfauth@net-mgmt.com>
Subject: Re: Type R: G Stock in 2000? "Dreaming...."
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:28:47 -0700
David Fauth wrote:

> Actually, the Type R has 15x6" wheels, as compared to the 14x6" of the Neon.
> Both cars can only fit 225 width tires.........

 The Type R's exclusive white, aluminum wheels have a 5 mm greater
     offset than the GS-R. The 15x6JJ alloy wheels also feature a
     larger, five-bolt lug pattern for increased rigidity.

and..........

 * 195-horsepower 1.8-liter dual overhead cam 16-valve VTEC
          inline 4-cylinder engine that provides more horsepower per
          liter than any normally aspirated mass-produced engine in the
          U.S.;
        * Hand-polished intake and exhaust ports and single-port intake
          manifold;
        * An exhaust system with a larger diameter to allow larger
          volume flow;
        * Overall vehicle weight reduced by 93 Ibs. (42 kg);
        * Torque-sensitive helical limited slip differential;
        * Lower overall vehicle height (by 15 mm) and aerodynamic
          refinements that result in 30% less lift (CI) and 1% less
          drag (Cd);
        * Racetrack-calibrated suspension and high-performance tires;
        * Larger disk brakes with performance-oriented calipers;
        * Refined Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS);
        * Reinforced unit body structure.

Sounds like it has a few more things than a Neon   :-)

I still think it makes sense to let it redefine G Stock with the Talons and
Firebirds, and perhaps move some other now defunct cars out of the class
elsewhere.

Scott Meyers