Re: ST tire options

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 00:58:39 -0700

"MICHAEL WHITEHOUSE" <whthse@c2i2.com> writes:
>I have been autocrossing a 99 Miata on the stock Pilot tires for over a
>year in our street tire class.  I have not noticed  the tires going off
>anymore than other tires do with age.   I have run street tire classes on
>Yoko A509's, Bridgestone RE71's as well as the Pilot.  IMO the Pilot is
>better than the others.  The only down side of the Pilot is they cost so
>much.

Just a clarification, the Pilots Mark and Vince were using are the "MXX3",
not the "SX-GT" which is the OEM Miata Sport tire and are not quite as
sticky (although they are not a half-bad race tire either). I have raced
several times on the SX-GT and put 31,000 miles on them and they are still
as good as ever (although they don't have much tread left).

- Alan Dahl
  ___   ____     Alan Dahl                  | home: adahl@eskimo.com
 /_ /   /  /     Federal Way, WA, USA       | work: Alan.Dahl@PSS.boeing.com