Re: ST tire opinions

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ST tire opinions
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:34:08 -0500

Steve Couture wrote:

> Errr, wrongo.  Survey says... "BZZZZZZZT".
>
> Take another look at all the 1999 National trophy winning positions in DS.
>  Everyone is NOT on the same tires.  And I can *guarantee* you that there
> are some *very* different setups being used between these cars.  Can you
> say "custom valved shocks".  Good, I knew you could!

Perhaps not all the exact same tires or exact same setup, but certainly
the same car, very similar setups and as far as I'm concerned, any of
the big-3 are the same tire. (I know, they all have different
characteristics, require slightly different setup, and respond best to
different driving styles... don't argue semantics with me, please)  My
point is that in a class such as DS, you can't win just by having "the
car" because everyone has "the car" and most of them are prepared well
enough to win.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca