Re: ST tire opinions

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: ST tire opinions
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 07:21:32 -0500
Loren Williams wrote:

> washburn wrote:
>
> > O.K.  I didn't really know that, but I'm not sure what your point is.
> > Can't the other guys run with 2/32nds tread too?
>
> Yes, and still get beat by $200+ tires that have more tread... even the
> shaved ones.

Not to continue this un-necessarily, nor do I really wish to get into an
argument, but I guess I was wondering how the driver and car fit into
all this?  Their *tires* beat you?  I'm not trying to pick on you, but
I'm glad I'm not one of the other drivers who's "tires" are the only
reason they beat the rest of the class.  Is your message that they won
because they outspent you?

If your looking for a controversy about tire makes in ST, I just don't
see it.  The best car/ driver/ tire/ day/ course/... combination won the
event.  The 68 dollar tires did just as well as the 200 tires IMHO,
especially considering what they were mounted on.  Maybe next season
will see a tire make diminance take shape, but I guess I don't see it
based on this event.  If your looking for excuses as to why certain
people won and certain people went home from Nationals empty handed, do
like I do:  check the mirror.  To continue to throw out "yeah but's..."
just unfairly takes away from the their victory and just comes off as
sour grapes.  Just my opinion.

I went home dissappointed myself this year, but I have a *real* excuse.
Daddio is a freakin' alien. He is now known as "Kazoo".  We have
determined that 2nd place in DS is "First Human".  Congrats to all who
did a fine job in Topeka!

--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese