Re: ST tire options

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:27:55 -0400
Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com> wrote:

> PZahornask@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I think Loren is absolutely right, you shouldn't have to buy a set of >> $250
tires to win at Nationals.

>> Simple solution, STR becomes a National class, ST becomes a regional >>
class.

Hey! Stop that! That's the voice of common sense and logic! That's not allowed
in this thread!

> You're exactly as much help as Dennis Grant was on this topic.

Heh. Or maybe there's another message out there trying to get through...

> If nobody thought a National street tire class was viable, it never
> would have been offered.  Or, if it had been offered, 15 people
> wouldn't have competed in it.

But yet, if you talk to the top drivers who actually competed in National Level
ST, they're all grumbling about the cost of the tires it took to win.

To paraphrase Mr. Allan "We thought ST would be a cheap way to do Street
Prepared, but the cost of the tires needed to be competitive killed that"

That's not an exact quote, but it's the gist of what he had to say during the
SEB Town Hall meeting.

Race tires - especially in the 16-17 inch riceboy sizes - are a bargin.

DG