Re: Fehn/Butler hyperloud RX-7

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "Craig Blome" <cblome@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Fehn/Butler hyperloud RX-7
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 06:04:23 -0500
Rocky and List

I disagree. And I will tell you why  I feel  "Discretionary" is xot
a valid rule.

The owners of a loud car, let's say a gray RX-7 for example,
travels - - oh let's say from Texas to Kansas - -  for an event.
They arrive, and register on a Friday night, go to their room
with visions of trophies dancing in their heads and earplugs in
place.

Sat mornimg, as they pull into their assigned grid spot, revving
their obnoxious sounding car to warm the engine up, they get
stopped by the event chairperson. "At my discretion, I think
your car is too loud for this site" says he. After much ballyhoo,
the owners of this fictional little gray RX-7  pack up and return
to Texas.

All at one persons discretion.

Oh, BTW, what do you think would happen if the gent who was event chair in
the example above, say he drives a  Spridget just
for grins, happens to get  a passport  and go to Texas for an event, say a
National Tour.

Wow - -  now event co-chairs at that National Tour event are - -
the owners of the hyperloud RX-7!!! Now, we see a Spridget
going north up I-35 headed for Kansas on that Saturday morning, stopping at
the  TX/US border and having to explain their plight
to the Customs officer as he checks their papers.

Could this happen? Damn right, it sure could !! Without standards, we are
setting the stage for this type scenario to happen. (Except
passport, you only need a Visa to go to Texas now!!!)

What does the "offending"  party do? There is no appeal, because there are
no standards or rules to appeal - - it is "discretionary"..