Re: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Subject: Re: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@starlight.us.dell.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 15:22:20 -0500
>I wonder if the rain tires that were used had anything to do with it...

    I remember seeing a lot more rain tires on the EM side of the grid.  In
AP, Greg had some good Yokohama rains, Nagler grooved a set of Hoosier
slicks, and I was on slicks, there were some marginal rain tires further
back in the AP pack, but everyone else was on slicks. I know Mal Kooiman and
Wayne Snyder had some of the biggest rain tires I have ever seen and Mal won
EM primarily because of his first run in the wet.