Re: Nationals on Asphalt

To: debbi.eley@gte.net, Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nationals on Asphalt
From: Hottvr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 11:11:00 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/99 8:48:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
debbi.eley@gte.net writes:

<< Mike writes:
 >I ran Tuesday/Wednesday for what that's worth. Why what difference does
that
 >make?????

Debbi Writes:
 I was just curious if you, like Loren were fortunate enough to run on
Thurs/Friday when it was warm and dry.
 If you ran Tues/Wed do you feel that your performance was enhanced by the
wet conditions?

Mike Writes:
I ran in the first heat on tuesday and the rain really hadn't set in yet.
There was some
moisture on the ground but no standing water. The answer from me is it didn't
rain
enough, quick enough to help me. I have always felt that heavy rain throws
something into the equation that upsets the natural order. In C-Mod where
most of
the cars are open wheel Formula Fords with a few full bodied Sports 2000's
thrown in this is particularly true.
  If you are asking do I like to run in the rain the answer is no! If you are
asking me
do I think I have a better chance against a Nationals class field in the rain
the answer is yes.

Debbi Writes:
  And I will agree with Loren that the best drivers will always come out on
top regardless of weather.

Mike Writes:
Se above Paragraph for correct answer!

Debbi Writes:
fail to see why this should have made me less disappointed with Tuesdays
conditions.  I have been rained on at Nationals 6 out of the past 10 years. I
didn't like it then and I will not like it next year if it happen again.

Mike Writes:
Debbi, This is the Midwest it rains here in September a lot!!!!!!  If its
rained on you 6 out of the last 10 Nats you should have a lot of experience
at driving in the rain. If
thats the case how is it that you finshed 5 out of 8 in ASL? Just a question
I couldn't
help asking.

Mike B. TLS#1