Re: Nationals on Asphalt

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals on Asphalt
From: "AndreDowney" <AndreDowney@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:51:45 -0400
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 Paul Poore wrote:
>... in negotiations with the Kansas Speedway Corporation on
> having a paved area set up ...

GREAT Idea! The few time there have been events at Pocono Raceway (NE
Pennsylvania - a large raceway) the only place to AX is on the race surface
itself. At Nazareth (also NE Pennsylvania - a medium size raceway) the
paddock area is used but its only marginally useful. The only raceway I know
of with great AX facilities is Englishtown Raceway
(Drags/Motocross/speedboats/airport in Northern New Jersey).

It always seemed to me that a large paved area, near an exit, would be an
easy sell as PRENIUM Parking on race-days and on non-race weekends ...

Andre "I Still Had Fun at the Nationals" Downey
ES VW GTI