re: 2000 National Championships Booked!!

To: CSRX7@aol.com
Subject: re: 2000 National Championships Booked!!
From: Lonnie Heston <lhheston@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:29:36 -0700 (PDT)
Well Said!!

To paraphrase a line from the good ol' LAUGH-IN show,

"THANKS!!  They Needed That!!"

A "large midwestern city" has a 9-day downtown
festival scheduled in spring.  Lots of vendors come
from out of town and set up booths, there are nightly
concerts, food courts, carnival rides, fireworks, etc.
 One year, the typical local weather hit pretty hard.
Three or four days were affected by high winds, rain
etc.  Vendors complained loudly that they lost money,
newspapers put the complaints on the front page, the
committee met and discussed and hemmed and hawed, but
moved the dates 3 or 4 weeks.  Guess what happened?

3 days of rain the next year, including (if memory
serves) the last day's big fireworks display got
rained out.

My take on all this is there is no perfect solution:
It could rain/snow/storm/go over 100deg/get chilly
anywhere in our great nation.  Unless they raise our
fees and build an autox version of the  Astrodome /
Kingdome / Silverdome (there would be lots of room if
there weren't any grandstands), we are stuck with it.
We all put up with nature's weather all year long, and
no matter what our local "average" is, there is no
guarantee next Sunday , or a certain week, will be dry
just because the "average" rainfall is a few inches
less than the rest of the country.

Lonnie Heston
GS - 87 Camaro RS 2.8v6
CP - 74 Fiat 62 (I'm half owner of a 124)