Re: miata?????

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: miata?????
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 15:55:30 EDT
Andy Bettencourt writes:

> As far as the C4 Corvette move, I would bet you a dollar that a move like
> that would kill what I consider to be the best stock class in Solo.  Those
cars
> are to fast.  Hey, in a couple of years my RX-7 TT is gonna be a dinosaur.
Look
> at all the high horsepower, high technology machinery coming out over the
next
> 24 months.  Should we then move the RX-7 to AS as well?  Then the C4's to
BS?

This is the type of question that the SCAC has been wrestling with for years.
 Remember also that the classes are not a progression from SS down to HS, in
that a car that is too fast or slow does not necessarily go "up" or "down"
one class.  An F/Stocker that is too fast does not go to ES, and an E/Stocker
that is too slow doesn't go to F/S.  That is probably the most extreme
example, for sure, but to lesser degrees it applies in other situations.

Currently, A, B, and C cars are similar in size, and mostly differ from one
another by power, power to weight, and size.  SS does not fit in that mix of
of cars very well.  Yeah, I know someone will bring up the BMW Z-3, M Coupe,
etc. but I think we all realize that the size and weight of these cars is
right on the edge of the line between "big" sportscars and "small"
sportscars.  The Corvette does not fit in A/Stock from a conceptual
standpoint.  The closest place it fits would be F/Stock.  I'm not proposing
that, mind you.

Until we create a class for "inexpensive big, powerful sportscars" I don't
see C4s going anywhere...

Charlie Davis  (I lost my SCAC job!  Well, I didn't lose it, actually.  I
know where it is, it's just that now when I go there, Andy's doing it!)