Re: Conquest to GS to C Mod

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conquest to GS to C Mod
From: "p.zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:03:47 -0500
Alan Dahl wrote:

> Since I guess I am one of the few people with direct experience in going
> from a stock class (CS Miata) to CMod (in 1997, co-driving with Josh
> Sirota) let me put in my two cents...

Went from HS to CM in June this year

I also found that looking ahead was the largest initial obstacle.  Not only
because of the different perspective, but because of the much greater speed.
As far as which is easier, I used to be ticked at my self when I wasn't in
the top ten or fifteen in the PAX in my HS car (at events with 125-200
entrants).  At one of the last events I ended up 32nd out of 163  (beating
the car owner by 3/10ths) in Pax and was thrilled.  Driving the car fast is
easy, it's a fast car.  Driving the car to the level that wins a trophey at
Nationals, well that's a completely diferent matter.

Paul Zahornasky
NER Solo II Chair