Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP)

To: solo-2@juno.com
Subject: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP)
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:28:43 -0500
Hi, Lisa.  I did not reply initially, assuming that someone would take up
your query.  Never mind that...

S2R 13.2.a     Accessories, gauges, indicators, lights and other
appearance, comfort and convenience modifications which have no effect on
performance and/or handling and do not materially reduce the weight of
the car are permitted.  ...

13.2.k     Any item that cannot be held in place by factory installed
fastenners may be removed.

Your shifter knob is perfectly legal.  You should have visors.  However,
you shouldn't have a problem at the local level and if you want to enter
a National Tour or Divisional, don't let the lack of visors stop you!
Get out there and race!  Rarely does anyone get protested for such a
weenie reason and anyway, if you do, you will learn something about that
person (ie don't try to make friends for fear of knives in the back).

Welcome!
Jon FP 73