Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP)

To: clash_girl@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was: YAESPP)
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:54:05 -0400
> Hi, newbie here, and so far I've just been trying to
> get the feel of the list, but I have to ask a question
> here....

Hi Lisa as a fellow novice myself it took a while to learn
that many of the posts on the auto-x list pertain to
National level events, locally I have seen nothing like
what is on the big list. But some people have to hash out every
little detail and it's better done on the list than at an event.

> I drive a Miata (95 R package) in BSL -- is it not
> legal for me to have an aftermarket shift knob and
> remove my visors?

I'm also in B-Stock I forget tho does the '95 Miata
have the 1.8L engine? if not it's in C-Stock.
Myself i would think an aftermarket shift know would
fall into the comfort and convienience category and
I seriously doubt you would be protested locally.
I would think that at a National level event that while it would
be a weenie protest it would be up to the Protest Committee
But it isn't stock...
The Visors have to remain, they are stock.
You can remove your spare tire and empty out your
trunk tho.

> Believe me, I don't do it for the weight....I'm not
> good enough for it to matter yet...  I took the visors
> out after I got tired of them flopping around because
> they weren't secure in their mounts, and the knob just
> looks cool.

Locally I don't think you will get protested especially in BS
which is the Miata class. I certainly wouldn't protest visors
or a shift knob. I think you'll find that at the National level
it's different. But no one protests until you start winning
anyway. :)

> Please let me know if that's not legal, I'm still
> learning the rules....

A good bet would be to spend the $10 and get a rule book
Some of the stock rules are online too.

I hope this helps..

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)