Re: Sticking your arm out when rolling over.

To: Rick Cone <conekiller@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Sticking your arm out when rolling over.
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:23:24 -0700
It is surprising what you will do, even though your rational thinking
would disagree. I tried once to break the fall of a 1000 pound pressure
vessel that I had engineered, when it slipped off the moving crane. It
all happened so fast, but I stuck my foot under it to cushion the fall.
I still have limited feeling in the end of my left foot (another reason
for me not to learn to left foot brake!).

So I can understand this happening. One point to be made, the driver may
not have been as stooopid as me, it more likely was an attempt to keep
himself off the ground, than to change the car's motion. That would be a
normal instintive reaction when falling.

Randy Chase