Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: "Gerald Chen" <gerald@infoserve.net>
Subject: Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:47:19 -0700
I drove a GM EV1 electric at a GM ride 'n drive thing last year.  They had
all their cars (and the competition) on various mini autox courses grouped
by car type.  Only got one lap but it was not bad (they didn't really want
you to be pushing it to the limits, but I did get a bit of tire squeal  :-))
Acceleration was very good and the handling was OK, but the car was
definitely a bit heavy feeling.  The strangest part was that it was so
quiet.  Drove most of the others too, including the Camaro and Mustang
(waiting line was to looong for the 'vettes)

Rick Brown
FP 240Z