Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: mattm@optonline.net
Subject: Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: "John Gross" <jogross3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:34:27 PDT
I remember back in '97, when I was spending my freshman year at Virginia
Tech, they had built a pretty sweet Hybrid-powered Chevy Lumina.  If memory
serves, the range was 300 miles, and performance was comparable to a
gasoline powered Lumina.  I think that one had a Metro 3-cylinder converted
to propane w/ an alternator on the crankshaft snout for charging the
batteries.  I know I've seen VT people on this list, so if I'm wrong, please
correct me  ;-)