Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:26:55 -0500
>I know that to produce electricity requires the burning of SOMEthing, but
>I'm really curious to see just how much more or less efficient electric
cars
>than regular fuel burning cars. What really happens when you recharge your
>car? Isn't something somewhere burning?

Sure, but if it is not in the LA basin, it don't make LA smog.

There is a fanatic here in Saint Paul that is against all travel because all
forms of mechanized locomotion contribute to greenhouse gasses.

Sort of.  Most electricity in the Twin Towns comes from the burning of
low-sulfur coal which is brought in from Montana.  But some of our juice
here comes from nuclear plants.

The fact is, the only technology we have now that has the capability of
providing significant power without the creation of greenhouse gasses is
nuclear energy.  And people are afraid of that.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green