RE: No More Smog Testing in Florida!

To: Gerald Chen <gerald@infoserve.net>,
Subject: RE: No More Smog Testing in Florida!
From: Andrew Lin <alin@qualcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:27:19 -0700
At 06:14 PM 6/15/00 -0700, Gerald Chen wrote:
>Speaking of electric cars, has anyone seen a Honda Insight or GM electric
>car (forgot what they were called) go out to an autocross event?  All that
>torque at low rpm should be beneficial but the heavy weight and skinny
>rims would be bad..

I got to take an EV-1 out on a cone course at the GM auto show in
motion when it was in town.  It was a lot of fun.  Not because
they're great handling cars, but becase they aren't.  Low rolling
resistance tires were sliding all over the place, and the chassis
was doing some strange things to make for a most interesting ride.
It didn't help that my friend and I had just come from driving the
C5 'Vettes, either.

I hadn't laughed that hard in a long time.

/|_