Re: Have you seen a fire?

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Have you seen a fire?
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:12:30 -0700
My only vehicle related fire was with a dune buggy/sand rail (Corvair 140hp
powered :-))  Rolled it once and ended up upside down.  Fuel cap turned out
to leak, dripping onto engine, fire resulted.  None of us had extinguishers
with us, one guy raced back to camp and got a halon extinguisher.  Buy the
time he got back, it was fully engulffed, new tires and all. One
spray -over- the enferno and it was out!  Unfortunately, there was nothing
left but a bare frame and the engine.  However, we all carried extinguishers
after that and I was very impressed with halon - I carry 2 halon in my car.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z