Re: Have you seen a fire?

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Have you seen a fire?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 21:53:40 -0500
What is a good fire extinguisher to carry in a car?  And where should it be
mounted?

Reply to message below:  As part of an American Chemical Society fire
extinguisher training session, that's pretty much dead on as far as
instructions.

I find it easier to twist and pull the pin at the same time since those
plastic pin retainers can actually be pretty tough.  The multi-purpose dry
chemical extinguishers have this awful tasting yellow powder, so if you're
indoors, ventilate heartily.

Once when my teacher's motorcycle caught fire in shop class, I emptied a
fire extinguisher on it, when actually it just needed a couple of squirts.
It doesn't take much for small flames.

And on a side note, its against dorm regulations to discharge fire
extinguishers when there is no fire present. :)

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill/