Stupid cone tricks

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stupid cone tricks
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:31:56 -0400
This past weekend at the Harrisburg Pro Solo, I witnessed one of the
most astounding pylon tricks I've ever seen.

Alan Sheidler, in his F125 shifter kart, got a pointer cone to stand up
without incurring any pylon penalties or going off course.  This
happened during the challenge.  The cone in question was the one on
the driver's right, after you pass through the crossover the first
time -- the one that pinched you inwards as you entered the big 180.

Has anyone else ever seen someone get a pointer to stand up without
incurring penalties?

My congratulations to Alan.

Mark