Re: Stupid cone tricks

Subject: Re: Stupid cone tricks
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:34:52 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000 AnalogMike@aol.com wrote:
> >> (2) Alan went to the improper (right) side of the upright cone, running
> over the pointer.  In the process, the pointer stood up.  Either the
> pointer or the kart itself pushed the upright cone a few inches, so
> it moved, and was therefore hit -- so no off course, even though he was
> on the wrong side of the upright cone.  <<
>
> I remember this in a thread a year or three ago... I still don't
> quite buy this idea.

Me either.

In my mind the whole "in the box, outta the box" thing is what lets you
decide if a cone was hit or not.  By definition if the cone isn't outta
the box, it wasn't hit, therefore there's no 2 sec. penalty.

Now, if you're on the wrong side of the cone and don't knock it outta the
box, you didn't "hit" it and are therefore off course.

Mark