Re: Stupid cone tricks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid cone tricks
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:29:40 EDT
Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu> wrote :

>> (2) Alan went to the improper (right) side of the upright cone, running
over the pointer.  In the process, the pointer stood up.  Either the
pointer or the kart itself pushed the upright cone a few inches, so
it moved, and was therefore hit -- so no off course, even though he was
on the wrong side of the upright cone.  <<

I remember this in a thread a year or three ago... I still don't
quite buy this idea.

That would mean you can run a slalom straight down one
side if you touch each cone (or at least each alternate
cone). I don't think that would be impossible, as I have
seen several drivers touch each cone in a slalom on
ALTERNATE sides.

Shall I start practice my "straightening" slalom skills?
My bullet cam will be mounted on the side of my car
for my in-car video proof. Are curb feelers legal? They
are for comfort and convenience parking in the city.

What do you SEB guys think about this crazy plan?

p.s. Phil E, if you like stupid tight courses you should
join the PCA and run some of our autocrosses in the northeast...
At the zone-1 PCA autocross, I had 23 cones on the first
day with two off course runs, and nearly as many on the 2nd day.
Still managed to barely beat Dave and Rick Newman for FTD
on my last runs. People who set up tight courses with too
many cones should be banned to the Lotus club :-)

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

http://members.rennlist.org/analogmike - my racing pages

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com