Re: Stupid cone tricks

To: AnalogMike@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid cone tricks
From: Travis Lane <gofastlane@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 06:40:50 -0700 (PDT)
--- AnalogMike@aol.com wrote:
> Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu> wrote :
>
> >> (2) Alan went to the improper (right) side of the upright cone, running
> over the pointer.  In the process, the pointer stood up.  Either the
> pointer or the kart itself pushed the upright cone a few inches, so
> it moved, and was therefore hit -- so no off course, even though he was
> on the wrong side of the upright cone.  <<

Hmmmm, I did this (except for standing the cone up) on my last run at the Sac.
Divisional Sunday, meaning that I went on the wrong (left) side of a cone,
mashed the pointer (which does not count as a penalty) not sure if I moved the
standing cone, but never saw the results or heard the cone count.  Any 2nd run
group workers remember this?  It was in the sweeper after the first slalom
just after the bump throws you wide.

Also curious what the call would be assuming I (or the pointer) moved the
standing cone...

Travis