Re: Air Canada Flight 174

To: David/Carolyn Spivak <spivak@enter.net>, AutoX List <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Canada Flight 174
From: Jon Rush <jonathan.rush@sdrc.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 23:26:36 -0400
The movie of the unfortunate incident was just on the local TV station
today. They never announced the title, and I can't find the first post.
What is the name of the movie again? Shelly Hack was the flight
attendant IINM. The guy that always plays a Kennedy in movies was the
pilot.

The depiction of the automotive event was a joke. Three cones and some
cars doing oval laps on the runway. People running across the track as
the cars were racing. An old Vista Cruiser-like station wagon even had a
competition number on it. One competitor walks over to another who is
wrenchin' on his Healy, I think, and says "how's it going?" The wrench
replies "oh you know, its all nuts and bolts." Whew, almost peed my
pants on that one.

Of course the movie makers had to add a child in peril. There was a kid
was riding his bike down the runway, one of the competitors had to run
after him yelling to get off. OF course the kid, being the brat that he
was wouldn't listen.

Jon Rush