RE: Air Canada Flight 174

To: "David/Carolyn Spivak" <spivak@enter.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air Canada Flight 174
From: "Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 21:48:25 -0600
There was an article in AOPA Pilot(Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association)
magazine that I received today.  The first page photo was of FF (or
something close) cars in grid in the foreground and the 767 in the
background.  Do folks up north usually do Formula drags?  I suspect the
writer was more knowledgeable about aircraft than cars.

Just for reference, the pilot/copilot were originally blamed for the
incident, but later were awarded the Diploma for Outstanding Airmanship by
the (accents omitted) Federation Aeronautique Internationale.

As the article quoted:

"One of the largest and most sophisticated aircraft in the world was gliding
at 35,000 feet with fewer instruments than Charles A. Lindbergh's Spirit of
St. Louis."

I am in awe.......

Brent DeWitt
DS 93