Fwd: RE: Air Canada Flight 174

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd: RE: Air Canada Flight 174
From: rase@canada.com
Date: 25 Jun 2000 19:44:09 -0700
On Sun, 25 June 2000, "Brent DeWitt" wrote:

> I'm curious why all this publicity came up at the same time for something
> that happened in 1983.  Movie promotion?

The Canadian National Autoslalom Championship will be held on the very same
airstip on Aug. 18, 19, & 20, 2000 put on by the same Winnipeg Sports Car Club.
 That is where this all started.  :^)

You can check out our web site as noted in my signature.

Something else that is interesting about the site is that there is a sizeable
Icelandic community there - I understand it is the largest one outside of
Iceland - you may notice Icelandic names for communities in the area including
Gimli, Hecla, Reykjavik etc......not to mention the excellent beaches in the
area.  :^)

Reijo

Reijo Silvennoinen, CSCC Nat'l Event Rep.
Calgary, Alberta
Calgary Sports Car Club (CSCC) web site:
http://www.cscc.ab.ca
Canadian National Autoslalom Championship (CNAC) list:
http://www.onelist.com/links/solocanada
CNAC web site:
http://CNAC2000.erc.bc.ca/