Re: ProSolo, Spectators, TV, et al.

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ProSolo, Spectators, TV, et al.
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:30:57 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>

> Downhil skiing as you see it on TV has the advantage of EDITING, and lots
> of it. Try watching a downhill ski race from the side of the mountain, and
> see how visually gripping it is. Don't forget your parka and mukluks.

The same thing is true of most forms of motorsport...drag racing and oval
track are the obvious exceptions.  And even on some ovals, it's not that
easy to see anything other than what's right in front of you.  And they
still pack 'em in.

Of course, most forms of motorsport have dedicated (or well-developed
temporary) facilities, with parking, spectator seating, bathrooms, food, and
all that stuff non-participants demand.  Even rallying is starting to cater
to this -- look how many WRC rallies now start or end with a stadium
portion.  That makes it sort of tough for both Pro Solo and Solo 2 -- the
closest we get to a stadium *is* the parking lot.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr