RE: the whole NT/participation thing

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: the whole NT/participation thing
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:07:32 -0400
>"Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com> wrote:
>
>>>That's true, and I actually also thought about pointing that out, but for
>argument's sake, I think his point was that you weren't guaranteed of
>getting to play Tiger if you got your registration in on time.  You had to
>get the registration in on time AND qualify.  This is not the current
>situation with SOLO II.>>
>
>  > And I hope it never is!

hmmmm.....

Imagine a world where in every metropolitan area there are dozen
maybe hundreds of autocross facilities.  All you friends autocross,
Kumho has a store at the mall, and Hilton Head boasts of many and
varied autocross courses for the vacation crowd.  Autocross is shown
on prime time television, the top names make millions a year, yet,
for small money anyone can go play.  There are private clubs and
public clubs and doctor's autocross on Wednesday afternoon.  They
teach it at the college level and in many adult education companies.
There is a  section at Barnes and Noble on autocross books.  When you
travel on business in Fargo North Dakota, you call the hotel for the
autocrosses in Fargo that Tuesday night and make your reservations
with the site you want to run at.

Now imagine that the National Championships pay $1,000,000 instead of
a jacket, they are shown live on television, the grandstands sell out
every year and any SCCA member can run there but...

... you have to qualify to enter them

That doesn't sound too bad to me.

"Fastest GS from Massachusetts at the 1998 Solo II Nationals"
--
pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com