Re: Trailer Queens

Subject: Re: Trailer Queens
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:55:40 -0700
I've got a strange twist on the trailer thread...

While I'm building my SM car, I'm running my tow vehicle locally!!!

When the SM car is finished I'll drive it about 5,000 miles a year.  I'll
drive it to the local events.  I would tow it to far off events though.
The gearing is too low for long hauls and 6 mpg drinking 100+ octane sport
gas is a little rich.  It overheats pretty easily, its loud and obnoxious,
sits too low, and seems to attract local police from every small town in
America.  And to drive from LA to Wendover with no air conditioning in
July???

I have alot of respect for the people who can drive an SP car to nationals
and be competitive, but I understand it when other people can't.

-STE