Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)

To: <Ghsharp@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)
From: "JCGZ3" <jcgz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:01:14 -0700
> Annie Gill wrote:
> > Integra Type R - no camber adjustment is possible, you
> > get whatever the factory gives you...
> >  ==============================
> > Yes Annie, but the Type R has an excellent camber curve from the factory
due
> > to its proper suspension geometry.  So it doesn't need as much camber as
> > other cars with poorly designed suspensions.
>
> But it would work even better if you allowed it 2.0deg negative camber.
After
> all, that's one of the first things you would do if you took the car to
SP.

I personally don't think all cars would benefit from lot's of camber.  Cars
with double wishbone suspension don't need as much camber (ie, the wheels
don't tip as much), so cars like the Miata and Type R excel with hardly any
camber, and I'd wager they wouldn't be quicker, maybe even slower with 2 deg
of camber :-).  ...Curious to see if the CSP miata's run much camber....
---JCG