Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)

To: <Ghsharp@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)
From: "JCGZ3" <jcgz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:13:57 -0700
> Well, for one thing we don't weigh every Stock class car in impound now.
> Enough folks would want everyone checked that it would have to become
> part of the routine.

It's protest item, just like most other things.  I suspect there would be a
few, and a lot of "can I check you camber" unofficial friendly checks, but
after awhile, I won't suspect that much more work if any.

> Except spring perch heights don't change while you're on course.  If your
> car has the capability of more camber than the spec allows, and your
> alignment bolts come loose during your runs, how do you prove you were
> legal on course when you get to impound?  Most people would have to
> measure their car with the spec gauge before they ran, and probably allow
> some leeway in case anything affected the alignment while they were
> competing.  Of course if your spec is 1.5deg, we're going to toss anyone
> who measures 1.501deg, right?  The rules now require that you have the
> proper legal parts in the car, and whatever alignment setting you can
obtain
> with them is legal.  And the current classing of cars with crash bolts and
> such takes this into account.

I say if a car's camber adjustments came loose on course, then they're
screwed enough in the time they will turn because of it.  Ever driven a car
with loose camber bolts?  I have and it was ugly ;-).  If the adjustment
were to be found loose in impound, as in moveable by hand, then they are
hurting themselves if they purposely loosened it before running.
---JCG