Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)

To: <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>, <rex_tener@yahoo.com>, <Ghsharp@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)
From: "JCGZ3" <jcgz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:17:59 -0700
> > > Eliminate 13.4 wheel allowance.
> >Why?  Why is it bad to allow aftermarket wheel flexibility?
>
> Cost, I'd imagine.  Don't all cars come with at least one set of stock
wheels these days?

A lot of folks like to have more than one set of wheels for racing.  How do
you figure aftermarket wheels are more expensive than the stock ones?

> > > Eliminate 13.7 front sway bar allowance.
> >This would really upset the apple cart.  The current proposal would >have
to be changed and mostly on speculation.  Do we want or need this?

> My suggestion for implementing changes like this would be to grandfather
them.  Say that any post-2001 model can't change the front bar.  If the
difference amounts to a class worth of change, then simply reclass the car.
There might be an initial tendency for the 2001 models to be
ultra-desirable, but over three-five years I think you'd see that go away as
more of the new cars found their proper level.  It would be practically
painless and unobtrusive, especially for new models, and would help the SEB
class them more accurately in the first place.

What about the tippy econo sedans that go over on their roofs?  Wasn't this
the original intent of the bar rule?
---JCG