Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)

To: lamfalus@excite.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 17:15:13 EDT
lamfalus@excite.com writes:

> Okay, my next question would then be, is the suspension geometry of the M3
> and Boxster better such that they don't benefit with more camber as much as
> the other cars do?  Again, not arguing, just asking.  Eric pointed this
> possibility out regarding the TypeR and its limited camber settings.

The Boxster has more caster, and therefore more camber gain when turning,
than the M3.  So although additional camber would undoubtedly help the
Boxster, it would help the M3 much more.  Any allowance that would increase
the available camber on camber-limited Stock cars would give them more
opportunity to develop the suspension within the Stock rules and potentially
be faster in comparison to other cars which have that adjustability already.

GH