Re: Classing by Potential

To: tcbracer@juno.com
Subject: Re: Classing by Potential
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:48:40 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/00 12:18:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tcbracer@juno.com writes:

<< And, if one were to unscrupulously sandbag his/her evaluation, it would
 be obvious by the results of all the other Drivers of Eminence.  Wouldn't
 you hate to be the one the autocross world caught trying to improve the
 classing of your favorite car to gain an advantage in competition?  Jean
 Kinser would fire you.

 Jon FP 73

Obviously you don't know the gentleman listed in the list of Daddio, Ames,
Altenburg, Thomas, Brolliar just to name a few.  These are probably some of
the most respected names in the sport for their talent, competiveness,
values, integrity...when asked to help class some cars, I would bet my life
on the fact to be part of such a process, to be asked to help do this, these
drivers have nothing to gain from "sandbagging".  When you have 5-10 drivers
all driving the same car to see what they can get out of it, rest assure,
none of them will want to be DFL in a car behind all the others....they don't
have it in them to look bad.  And one driver's intention of sandbagging wold
not affect all 8 others driver's showing where the car could be classed.

How long have you been racing and involved in the National events, out of
curiosity?  Have you ever looked in the back of the rulebook and read any of
those names back there?

Have you ever read all the names listed and associated with Drivers of
Emminence, Solo Cup, Driver of the year...etc...These people are your heart
and soul of the sport who have dedicated much of their time and support to
making this sport as fair and just as can be....The names in the books, in
the history books are the people who basically have dedicated their lives to
making this sport where it is today.  So many people out there who help at
the Nationals, Chiefs of all the jobs, people on the board-ALL boards are not
paid for this...they are giving their time and it's tons of it.  Yes, there
have been a few people to get on boards to make rules to help themselves,
there are some who have some selfish reasons for pushing to get rulings...but
sometimes you have to give people credit for just getting involved...So many
people are so quick to say things, make accusations, crticize others who are
doing all the work for this....if they would volunteer and take time to learn
about things and how it all operates, maybe some of these critics out there
would not be so open mouthed..  The people I mentioned have earned the
recognition and respect in this sport from what they have done...not voted
themselves into office...there is a difference.  And there are so many people
out there in this that I didn't mention their names as the idea I mentioned
was accredited, respected drivers from everyone...the people who are looked
up to, sought after for opinions, advice, help...which is what they would be
doing for this.  I could mention so many other drivers, basicall y from the
stock classes for classing stock cars, but these were the first to my brain.

With the end of this vented letter I am out of here and done on this subject.

Jean Kinser
Evolution Performance Driving School-McKamey Autocross Divsion Owner and
Co-Founder