RE: Legend car class

To: Raymond.Colbert@alcoa.com, Bhaden@ucsd.edu, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Legend car class
From: "Kevin Stevens" <kevin_stevens@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:07:23 PDT
>As far as production cars go please define production.  SCCA alredy
>violates its own homologation rules of 1000 units per year with all
>those vintage sports cars still listed and the "new" Lotus 7 and the
>TVRs.

Could you clarify your statement?  The only 1000 unit per year (actually, in
12 months) rule I'm aware of is for the Stock class NOC rule, 13.

"Cars not specifically listed in Stock Category classes must have been
produced in quantities of at least 1,000 in a 12-month period to be entered
in the Stock Category."

Are you saying that you are aware of a non-listed model car, not produced in
the necessary quantities, which was protested by a competitor on
classification grounds, and the protest not upheld?

If so, which - your examples do not fit the case.  If you're talking about
some other "1000 minimum" rule that applies to Solo II, what is it, please?

KeS