Re: Heat cycle for the DOT Race tires, needed or not?

To: bfuhrman@isd.net
Subject: Re: Heat cycle for the DOT Race tires, needed or not?
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 00:19:37 EDT
And how many times have you earned the dum-dum award because someone shared
their opinion to you, and let's just suppose that it was in fact a correct
opinion, but you ignored it because you twisted it around into a warped
trashing concept?

I happen to know that Tom has high regard for the TireRack, but just because
he doesn't endorse everything they do can hardly be considered trashing.
Competing parties can, and often do, have differences in belief.  There's no
rational basis for the trashing concept and such a lack of objectivity often
leads to making the wrong decision.

Furthermore, who's to say that this is what Tom actually said or just the way
that someone interpreted it.  Now who's doing the trashing?

Mark Sipe

<< > I was talking with "Hoosier Tom" at the National Tour and he
 > had said that Tire Racks heat cycling was just a sticker and
 > a waste of money. I too bought mine heat cycled from

 Is "Hoosier Tom" a competitor of theirs?

 I won't trust a sales person who has to trash the competition.  It usually
 means that he doesn't think he can beat them legitimately.