Re: Ladies classes

To: Andy Malinowski <amalinowski@nh.bricsnet.com>
Subject: Re: Ladies classes
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:20:24 -0700

Andy Malinowski wrote:

>         Might as well make my first team.net post on a controversial subject:
>
>         In a perfect world there should be no Ladies Classes.  Why you ask?
>Well
> because my "Johnson"(Mr happy... The one eyed Trouser snake...etc) does not
> make me a faster (or slower) driver.

If you use it right, it can help you steer the car. :-P

I don't have much comment on the validity of Ladies Classes (beyond all
that has been written). I would like to comment on one point raised by
Mark Andy.

Mark, I truly understand your feeling that your trophy was not "earned",
but I second Rocky's response that part of racing (or ProSolo) is
picking which class you ran, and showing up for the event. Relative to
trophying in ANY class, there are many things that work to enabling
someone to win...and sometimes that involves a softer class or luck or
whatever... I seems to me that it does not make sense to start putting
mental asterisks on every trophy spot. I say congrats on your win! I
don't see it as tainted, but I saw it as having the juevos to run your
car in the Pro.

I agree that a trophy position in another class, regardless of how hard
it was to win, has nothing to do with me.

Randy Chase