Re: Ladies classes

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>,
Subject: Re: Ladies classes
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:06:34 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark J. Andy <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 12:29 PM

>I went to the Pro banquet mostly 'cause everyone else was going and to
>cheer for some friends.  About halfway through the class championship
>trophies, it occured to me to wonder if they did that for prepared
>classes.  To my rather large surprise, they did that and I got a "CP
>National ProSolo Championship".  I don't think I've ever been more
>embarrased in my life.  I was basically getting an attendence award while
>other folks that battled all year and were excellent drivers got nothing.

Don't demean your own award. You were there. You were prepared to take on
all comers. The fact you expected all comers to kick you around the lot is
irrelevant. The fact that they did not come to do so is not your fault, but
theirs. You won the championship because you were the best CP car of those
who cared enough to contest it.

Every champion is the best driver who chooses to contest that championship
at that time. He beats everyone who does not take part. You may not have
expected it, but you earned it because you did it better than anyone else
who even bothered to try. That description also fits anyone who beat off 20
other cars to win one.

You are the champion, sir. Wear it with pride. We who never achieved such
salute you.

--Rocky