Re: Ladies classes

To: "Paula Whitney" <pwhitney@shamroc.com>, "miket" <miket@interaccess.com>,
Subject: Re: Ladies classes
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:17:40 -0500
FWIW, the final tally of competitors who actually RAN, was 1073 -- of which
165 were in Ladies classes.

IMHO, Paula's point of "until the letters are signed by Ladies participants"
is valid. Philosophically you  may not see the need, but the presence of
another class somewhere else in the program does not really impact YOU in
YOUR class [generic "you" there].

The existence of DP Ladies does not hurt me in DP. (Heck, it may help --
three DPL drivers spanked me this year, Paula included! But they ran in the
afternoon and had warmer concrete. Yeah, that was it!). So I may think
philosophically there is no reason they could not run open, I also see no
reason to force them to do so.

"You could run HS or DSP, why do you want to run STS instead?" Because they
DO! And it attracts more drivers. Ditto Ladies. Leave them alone!

As for your Regional programs, do whatever works for you. The rulebook class
structure is NOT mandatory at Regional events.

--Rocky