Re: Banquet Longevity

To: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Banquet Longevity
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:10:33 -0400
Jay Mitchell wrote:
> The prayer in question invoked Jesus in an audience in which I am
> certain that there were many of the Jewish faith. I would wager
> that there were also Muslims present, and possibly Hindus and
> Buddhists. What about their prayers?

Frankly, in the past, Joyce's prayers have been considerably more
general in nature.  This is the first I remember being so directly
Christian.

Still, I agree, this prayer has no place at Nationals.  Those who
prefer a blessing over the food can do so at their own table.

That said, my objection isn't strong enough to actually want to do
anything about it.  This isn't a fight worth picking, IMHO.

Mark