Re: SM2 at Topeka

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SM2 at Topeka
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:52:25 -0500
I sent this before and it didn;t show up, so excuse me if it comes twice
later on :):)

> > Didn't someone just do this in/to AP at the 1999 nationals?  Won by 5.9
> > seconds...

I'm guessing that Rex's intention wasn't to argue about this, so please
don't take it that way.....but....

Looks like the winning AP time was 114.059 and the winning CP time was
112.189 (Kurt Janish) in a low tech tub car :)  As a matter of fact, it
looks like the AP car would have been 6th in "soft" CP.........now I don't
remember the weather conditions exactly, but I do remember watching AP
(because of Fordhal's car) and CP (because I was a wannabe) and think it was
similar....

Not too bad for a bunch of drunks with uncompetitive cars :):):)

No disrespect meant to any drivers mentioned (or any others)!

DaveW