RE: Power line conditioners for portable generators

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Power line conditioners for portable generators
From: "Glen Thompson" <glen.thompson@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:11:39 -0400
Our PA and timing equipment all runs on 12v DC.  The computer and printer
requires AC.  The generator drives a battery charger for the DC equipment
and goes into a UPS for the computer.  If the generator fails, we have
enough power to print out everything and keep running without the
computer.  We use a donated desktop instead of a laptop.  I find the full
size keyboard easier to use.

You might consider the Honda inverter based generators.  Very smooth power
output.  They have gotten good reviews.  We have a Yamaha 800 watt and it
provides plenty of power. Unless you want to run an air conditioner, you
shouldn't need more than a 1k to 2k unit.

glen
Blue Ridge Region