Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Re: Two Driver Run Order 2002 Nationals
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 20:00:57 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Rocky Entriken wrote:
> I've often observed, when I've been a grid chief, that it is a simple
> one-man job UNTIL the s*** starts to happen, and it starts to happen as soon
> as the first rerun is called or the first co-driver's turn to go out. If it
> was one driver per car, no more, grid would be a cakewalk. But this is a
> sport that allows, even encourages, co-drivers so we do what we must to
> accommodate them. And "we" in that sentence is not just the grid workers, it
> is every driver on that grid understanding the situation and being flexible
> enough to bend with the breeze.

I think one of Tyson's points is that the system we use should be able to
handle co-drivers seamlessly, not lump them into the "sh*t" happening
category.  After all, we already know we're gonna have codrivers...

But like everyone, I'm gonna show up at nats and just do whatever the
great grid god at the moment tells me to.  :-)

I'm also sorry if my remarks caused anyone to regret posting or whatever.
I was reacting to the tone of a few emails and heaped it all into one
response, which was somewhat unfair to the original poster.

Mark