Re: New Car Classing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: bburns37@att.net
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:46:56 +0000
Brian, I agree. Even if you have no chance of winning your class, there are
always attainable goals that you can set for yourself and still keep the
interest level going. When I bought the car, being competitive in GS was not my
highest priority. For the first time in years, I, at least, had a car that I
felt good about autocrossing. I recognized the car's limitations, and my own
lack of experience and ability, but I was able to feel good about my efforts
because a. I kept going faster and b. I kept getting closer to the guys who
were winning.

You and I may understand the concept, but it's a hard sell to someone who is
still new to the sport.

It's not my intent to whine about my car being made uncompetitive in GS. It was
already uncompetitive. On the other hand, if the MINI Cooper S dominates GS
this year, then I think the reclassification may not have been the best idea.

Bob...