Re: New Car Classing

To: "Charles" <cfgold@intrex.net>, <bburns37@att.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:24:36 -0600
No offense, but did you somehow believe that because you bought a new car
(and spent an additional 10k???!!!), that the SCCA would freeze classing?
Welcome to Stock class autocrossing, ya'll!  Everyone sure seems convinced
that it's all over for GS.  Other guys are posting that their going to take
their business elsewhere because they don't have a prayer in GS.  Might as
well stay home.  Unreal.  ROTFL

Regarding the decision, was it really done without any member comment?  I
was under the impression that all classing decisions had to put out for
comment.  I don't honestly know...I'm asking.  I don't have a rule book
handy...anyone know?

BTW, I'm curious: what you do to a Stock class car that consumes 10 thousand
dollars in prep costs?

> I too agree on the lower levels, but we bought our 2002 Celica GT  and spent
> > 10K to fully prepare it for national competition. Now it is likely to be
> uncompetitive to an overdog car straight off the showroom floor due to a
> hasty knee jerk decision by the SEB without even asking the membership for
> input. WUWD????

Patrick Washburn