Re: New Car Classing

To: "Fine, Kim" <kimfine@teletech.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Chuck" <cfgold@intrex.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:44:20 -0500
Kim, I can't agree with you more about the Cooper S! Were the SEB people too
busy running their own cars at Topeka to really examine the cars that were
running before moving it based on one guy's performance? Does a new totally
showroom stock car have to win it's class at it's first nationals to be
considered "properly classed" by the SEB? If so I'd expect the Sti and EVO
to be placed in or moved to DS by the SEB before the year is out. They are
already proposing moving the Celica GTS to GS to compete against it's 40 hp
challenged baby brother GT???? Based on THAT thinking, they should have move
the S to HS to compete against it's baby brother if HP doesn't matter!
I guess we'll see what happens at the first couple events this year. If we
get our butts handed to us by the S (GS not a personal "us") we'll (personal
"we" this time) be rescheduling PRO events in place of SCCA ones. At least
we have a choice, and a way to vote with our pocketbooks  this year.