Re: New Car Classing

To: <cfgold@intrex.net>, "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Car Classing
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:07:11 -0600
From: "Chuck" <cfgold@intrex.net>

> They are
>already proposing moving the Celica GTS to GS to compete against it's 40 hp
>challenged baby brother GT???? Based on THAT thinking, they should have
move
>the S to HS to compete against it's baby brother if HP doesn't matter!

Note that the SEB does not always agree with everything that goes out for
member feedback.  We are a member-driven organization and sometimes, when
inundated with letters to change a rule or classing, the SEB puts it out
just to see what the membership-at-large thinks.  That's why you should
always give feedback, regardless of which side of the issue you fall on.

In this particular case, we have been lobbied hard by a number folks to
consider the DS->GS moves that have been published for feedback.  The
letters we received were well-founded and included quite a bit of technical
information and results from a wide variety of events.  But the answer is
not clear-cut at this point.  So, in order to get a broader perspective on
the issue, its now out for comment.  I see you have a opinion on the issue.
Can we expect to see your letter in the near future?  I hope so.  Be part of
the process.  Please.

While it may be easy and fun to pick on the SEB's thought process based
purely on the minor bits that see print, don't make too many assumptions
about how the board thinks or operates. You know what they say about
assuming, right?  :-)

>I guess we'll see what happens at the first couple events this year. If we
>get our butts handed to us by the S

Exactly.  Why bitch and moan at this point on the S thing?  Let's get some
real data and then see.

--Andy "not an official comment"